permissions and Apache problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Feb 28 21:36:55 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 28.02.2005 schrieb Ahmed Abdel-Aliem um 20:54:

> i am making a virtual server to test my files localy
> i got apache and php and mysql working fine
> but i have a strange problem.
> if i create new files or copy files from my mounted ntfs drive to the
> folder /var/www/html/
> they don't execute at all and all i get in the browser is blank pages.
> but when i upload the same files to my webserver they work with no problems.
> i though it is a matter if permissions
> i changed the permissions to 755 and 777 and it didn't work too
> can anyone guide me through this plz ?

> Ahmed Abdel-Aliem

Do the usual:

1) vi /var/www/html/phpinfo.php
    content:
    <?php phpinfo(); ?>
2) http://server_address/phpinfo.php
    it must display PHP information like from "php -i" on console
3) check your /var/log/httpd/error_log for messages
4) http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/ for SELinux related
things

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:33:29 up 7 days, 9:42, load average: 0.45, 0.90, 0.98