Dual Boot, Grub, FC3-WinXpSP2, 2 drives. No go.

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 22:34:21 UTC 2005

>Paul Howarth wrote:

>The problem with a re-install of Windows is, that my original MS cd is
>pre-sp2 - sp2 was done via the net. Which renders the original cd
>useless. (According to an article in pc-mag.)

I'm new, but I have 1st hand knowledge on this issue. Your original Win
XP CD is useless. Contact Microsoft by email and they will send you a
free Win XP CD which is already updated with SP2. That is what they did
for me several months ago. According to Microsoft, I was the 1st person
to report this problem at the time.

The downside to M$ Win XP SP2 is that some of your old hardware will no
longer work. This has been well documented.

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590
Web Journal: http://lloyd_hayes.bravejournal.com/