X Forwarding with SSH in FC3 and FC2

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Mon Feb 28 23:15:54 UTC 2005

FC3 with openssh-3.9p1-8.0.1

I've been upgrading FC2 systems to FC3.  One of the things that I have
noticed is that X Forwarding does not work on FC3, so I'm thinking there
is some config variable that addresses this.  /etc/ssh/sshd_conf has the
proper entery (X11Forwarding yes).  So here is the test:

On FC3 system I run

ssh -X myoldfc2sys
nedit

which says errors to:

X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
Atom id in failed request:  0x6e
Serial number of failed request:  20

On any FC2 system I can go to either a FC2 system or FC3 system and run
the same commands.  So this leads me to believe that it is more like a
client issue.  But I can not track down what that would be.  Anyone
guess or better yet know?