How to Set Workspace in Session Startup of OpenOffice.org, Firefox, Thunderbird

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Sat Jan 1 20:11:24 UTC 2005

On Saturday 01 January 2005 14:50, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:43:47 -0800, Schlaegel <777tahder at schlaegel.com>
wrote:
> > I see that this is an old problem; I wasn't around these lists back in
> > 2002. In the thread you mentioned, Havoc said that the spec has been
> > around since 1994 and it only "takes a day or two to implement". Is
> > everything still in the same state that it was in 2002?  It is hard for
> > me to believe that Red Hat has not had the expertise, desire, and time
> > to devote a day or two to get OpenOffice.org and Firefox session aware.
>
> file bugs in bugzilla.redhat.com

2.0 OpenOffice is supposed to have completely rewritten session management. If
I recall correctly the old session management code basicly just handled
windows - the new one is supposed to be cross platform. Its been a while that
I looked at it but there are some pretty current threads about that
(http://gsl.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=issues&msgNo=7409)

No idea about firefox though...

Peter.