Why should I keep mozilla?

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 04:37:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 08:18:31AM -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> I'm using Firefox for browsing, and Thunderbird for mail. However, I
> still seem to have mozilla installed. I wonder, is there any reason I
> should keep mozilla around? (Does any program depends specifically on
> the existence of mozilla installed?)
>
> Thanks,

When I do 'yum erase mozilla' I get devhelp.i386 0:0.9.2-2 as the only
dependency. So on my system I could remove mozilla as long as I don't
need devhelp. This is FC3, of course. You didn't specify which OS you
are using.

So become root, do 'yum erase mozilla', and see what it tells you. Yum
will confirm before it deletes anything, so this command is safe as long
as you don't accidently tell is 'yes' instead of 'no' when it asks for
confirmation.

To further answer your question, it's nice to have more than one browser
around, but if you're short on space, removing Mozilla won't hurt.