[help] [scsi] raidutils with Adaptec 2400A on FC3

Neil Marjoram n.marjoram at adastral.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Jan 2 08:57:39 UTC 2005

Angelo,

I've got some bad news for you. I have 2 2400A cards, neither of which
work with raidutils, it's because of the device assignment. Prior to
kernel 2.6 the kernel used different drivers for the card (dpt),
(raidutils didn't work then either, but that was something else) the new
i2o  device is in /dev/i2o/.... Raidutils is trying to open the old
device assignment and thus fails. I don't realy understand why - the new
utils on i2o site should be for the new i2o device drivers, I had no
luck figuring this out, or with the developers of i2o. I notice a new
Fedora page on the site - that doesn't really help much! I don't think
this is specific to Fedora, but I assume someone somewhere has it working!

Let me know if you find an answer.

The Raid Apps on the Adaptec boot disk are good - on Linux too, but this
doesn't help a live environment that you don't want to shutdown and boot
from that disk.

Neil.