booting with grub to /dev/sda

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Mon Jan 3 19:30:07 UTC 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 19:19, Jim Cromie wrote:
> (e for edit,
> e again to edit 1st line - the root (hd1,0) line
> backspace thru the (hd1,0)
> then retype '(h' and hit tab,
> it autocompletes to '(hd0,' and prompts me for one of the partitions on
> /dev/hda)
>
> IOW - its not even seeing /dev/sda, so autocompletes right past that
> choice. ANY IDEA WHY ?
one word for you: BIOS (well actually that's four words).
If your BIOS doesn't see the drive, then grub probably won't either.
I believe it is unlikely that the BIOS on this machine supports booting from
USB.

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then