which files on site are images

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 00:43:39 UTC 2005

>>I am trying to download fedora from redhat website, when I look at the
>>download sites I can't tell which ones are the installation images; can
>>someone help.
First: Chris, I recommend using a restartable FTP service or use a
Torrent client like Azureus.  If you want to download the install ISO
files you need to get FC3-i386-disc1.iso through FC3-i386-disc4.iso.
Only disks 1 and 2 are needed for a minimal install from disk, and only
disk 1 is needed if you want to install through a network.

I suggest using a 'local' mirror if you want to download the image files
rather than using the RedHat server.

Good luck and have fun with Fedora!

--
James McKenzie