Nis configuration (need help)

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Tue Jan 4 12:30:44 UTC 2005

    Just curious (because I tried using NIS recently because I'd used it
before and thought I understood it well) have you thought about trying
LDAP, or is this some kinda legacy system?  I'd be interested in helping
you with an LDAP installation, as I've recently done that, and can
probably help you with it.

    My machines here at the house have a shared /home and /shares
directory, then just a full-install of FC3; simple to maintain, and
everyone keeps their stuff with them, no matter where they login.  It's
really slick, and rock-solid.

    If you want to try this out, let me know offlist- I think I can get
you a running-start rather than having to google it all from the
beginning.

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller