ssh-askpass and ssh-agent

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Tue Jan 4 12:34:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 12:02 +0100, Claes Holmerson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what is the proper way to use ssh-agent and ssh-askpass in Fedora? In
> Suse I had a setup that relied on .xsession and .xinitrc in $HOME, but it
> seems Fedora uses a different login process. I would prefer not to mess
> with system files. Can I solve it just by dropping the right stuff in
> $HOME? I use KDE within Fedora btw. I see some traces of this prepared in
> /etc/X11, but wonder how it is supposed to work.

    THIS ONE, I know- I just passed over it a couple of hours ago.  I
was on the fedoranews.org site (the one with the contributing editors)
and saw all the information your looking for.  Let me see if I can find
that again...

    YEP:  http://fedoranews.org/contributors/

    There are several howto's on SSH there; that should walk you through
it just fine.

    Putting those two in for the session-start involves going to
Preferences->More preferences->Session and putting them into the
"Startup programs" section.  The webpage has a picture of it, too.

    Enjoy!

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller