Kernel Sources

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Jan 4 15:41:43 UTC 2005

Greetings

I am a little stuck and not sure where to from here.

I have followed the instruction in the Release notes and was doing fine until
I hit this section. could some please give me a bit of guidance.

Step 3
3. Change directory to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/, and issue the
            following command:

            rpmbuild -bp --target=<arch> kernel.spec

            (Where <arch> is the desired target architecture.)

            On a default RPM configuration, the kernel tree will be located
            in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/.

Here I am fine but the it says this in step 4

 4. In resulting tree, the configurations for the specific kernels
            shipped in Fedora Core 3 are in the /configs/ directory. For
            example, the i686 SMP configuration file is named
            /configs/kernel-<version>-i686-smp.config. Issue the following
            command to place the desired configuration file in the proper
            place for building:

            cp <desired-file> ./.config

What has me stuck is I don't have a ./.config directory, or I don't know where
it is. and second <desired file> : what is my desired file? is it the new
directory located in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ or something else.

tx

--
Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician