Ati Radeon 9600 laptop version

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Jan 4 15:56:48 UTC 2005

Greetings

I am seriously happy with FC3 and wish to convert my laptop from Suse 9.1 to
FC3.
I had one hell of a hard time getting my 3D to work on my Radeon onboard.
Much fuss and I have execellent 3D.
The question is: Does the FC3 built in driver enable 3D support or is it a
case of downloading the latest from ATi and slogging away at the keyboard for
a few days?

In Suse Yast (Yet another stupid tool) displayed that I in fact did not have a
3D card. I am hoping dearly that FC3 can be better.
any one with experience?

lspci output:

0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility
Radeon 9600 M10]

--
Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician