Installation Problems with SATA Drive

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 04:59:35 UTC 2005

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:41:52 -0800, Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 19:33 -0500, Hong Liu wrote:
>
> > Anyone can tell me if  this system is supported by FC3.  If no, what
> > are the major issues?  SATA hard drive or the Chipset? If yes, what
> > are the solutions?
> >
> I am running SATA fine.  Boot you rescue disk and look for an entry
> in /etc/fstab file that has something like /dev/sda1.  If it is not in
> fstab, look in the /dev directory for an sda or sdb device.  You may
> just need to mount it and edit fstab
>
> Jerry
>
> --

WHen you say fdisk doesn't recognize the hard drive, maybe it would
see the drive as a whole but just not the partitions you have
selected.  Are you able to create any ext3 partitions?  I don't think
Fedora will like Fat partitions although it may tolerate them a little
bit.  Definitely not optimal, ext3 is definitely a more secure way to
go as FAT partitions are easier to hack.
Marc