Evolution & Spamd is there a way to disable use of spamd?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Wed Jan 5 18:25:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 13:21 -0500, Ben Russo wrote:
> In Evolution I have used the "Tools-->Settings" menu item
> and opened the Evolution Mail Account settings Editor
> and under the "Receiving Options" I have verified that there
> is NO check mark next to "check new messages for junk contents"
> Yet still evolution starts up several "spamd" processes
> when it is running.

With those settings, I safely deleted (rpm -e --nodeps) spamd without my
computer blowing up.

BTW, there are two sets of settings; One in the account settings and
another in "Mail Preferences."

> The SPAMD processes use up a significant amount of RAM and CPU.
> Since I am not doing any spam filtering why does it still do this?
> Is there a way to turn it off that I haven't found yet?
>
> -Ben.

Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
http://www.TQMcube.com