ndiswrapper won't build with kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Jan 6 00:16:24 UTC 2005

I couldn't agree more with the sentiment that keeping production boxes
current is time consuming with FC3.

What really peaves me off is having to build ndiswrapper and nvidia
drivers every time the kernel changes.  This means that I can't remotely
administer machines after a kernel change because the kernel breaks the
networking and then I must log into the machine itself to build a new
network driver.  YUCK !

btw: I fixed my problem by using kernel 2.6.10-1.727, which is supposed
to be an -AC ized 2.6.10 patched 2.6.9.  Someone stated it had 4000
fixes over a 2.6.9 kernel, but don't quote me on that. (See the devel
list for a discussion.)

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.