Flash development tools

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Thu Jan 6 13:31:09 UTC 2005

.On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 18:43, Andrew Smith wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to recount their
> experience in Flash tools available for linux.
> (N.B. not windows tools emulated in linux)
>
> I'm wanting to be able to produce a final *.swf file
> (and of course the html that goes with it)
> Not knowing much about flash - it appears to be basically
> action script/s (appears to be a simple language) with
> sound/graphics/video files - so even something that can just
> put those together into a *.swf might possibly do.
> Of course I may have missed something in my brief look at
> flash so that may not be all that is necessary.
>
> -Any help greatly appreciated
> -Andrew

You can try f4l http://f4l.sourceforge.net/  Its still in alpha stage it
seems.  KAst time I played with it it was OK felt like FLashMX but had
some problems wioth open existing fla files and didn't go to far into
it.  Last time I played with it was about 6 months ago.  Might wnat to
give that a go.

--
Mike Ramirez <mike at thexxxhost.com>