A bash script

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Jan 6 15:14:38 UTC 2005

Greetings
I am about to start a script for installing a couple of updates and I got this
far :

#!/bin/sh

echo "Starting install process ;-)"
pwd

Now the very first thing i need, is a thing I can't do
ha ha!

The script will run from a folder probably called "updates"
What I have never worked out was how to make the current working dir a
variable for this. As this folder could be copied anywhere in the file
system!
so the script will have to work regardless of what the absolute path is.
Endusers can be stupid you know and make 10 copies of the folder before
getting the updates folder into the correct one.

I figured I would need to put in  a pwd command.

but how do you make the script recognise the pwd output as a variable?

Is there a simple example I cam work from?

TIA

--
Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician