Display problem HP zt1180

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Jan 6 17:02:12 UTC 2005

I wouldn't sell the laptop.  I'm certain you can get the display working
properly.  A bunch of us have zd7000 with a non standard NVidia card and
linux works great on it. (Dual monitors none the less.)

I'd check and double check your sync values.

You might try using xvidtune and gtf.

Question: are you manually editing your xorg.conf file or are you using
system-config-display ?  If your video card is correctly identified, you
should be able to use the latter.  BTW: What does hwbrowser or
infocenter report your card as and does it match what ends up in
xorg.conf ?

I think 1400x1050 is available under generic LCDs in system-config-
display.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.