how do I upgrade from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora Core 3...

Skip skipcope at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 20:02:57 UTC 2005

> I have a dual boot system (Windows 200 & Fedora Core 1). I have ample
> disk space on both partitions to download the Fedora Core 3 ISO
> images...so, which is the best method for me to upgrade to Fedora Core
> 3. For example, does Fedora Core 1 have an upgrade utility I can use
> directly from within Fedora to upgrade the O.S. to Fedora Core 3,
> without having to leave Fedora.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.

I recently upgraded from FC2 to FC3 using Yum, with little or no difficulty, thanks to some sage advise found in the link below. The link also contains advise on how to go from FC1 to FC2, so you'd have to go through both upgrade paths. Of course, if you don't have a high-speed connection, doing it this way would be out of the question. I'm fortunate enough to have one myself, but even with my fast connection, it still took several hours of download/processing time to fully convert. That was no problem, I simply started the longest download segment before going to bed, then checked it once during the night. A better way to go, imho. Good luck, sc

http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Upgrading_Red_Hat_Linux_with_yum.html