Evolution & Spamd is there a way to disable use of spamd?

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Thu Jan 6 23:58:55 UTC 2005

David Cary Hart wrote:

> With those settings, I safely deleted (rpm -e --nodeps) spamd without my
> computer blowing up.
>
> BTW, there are two sets of settings; One in the account settings and
> another in "Mail Preferences."

Well, I don't want to face the wrath of YUM &/or APT complaining about
unmet dependencies every time I do something package related.
But thanks for the tip on the second setting for JUNK-MAIL-FILTERING
under "Mail Preferences"  When I turned that off it appears that
evolution doesn't start any "Spamd" processes when new mail comes in.

This is good, saves *39MB* of RAM !!!
And about 10 minutes a day of CPU.
I don't know how SPAMD could be *THAT* bad, I mean sheez 39MB of used
RAM and 10 minutes to process a few hundred e-mails that probably total
just a MB or two of total data...  That is sad.

-Ben.