windows XP shared printer -- need idea

Anthony E. Greene tony at greene-family.org
Fri Jan 7 17:44:30 UTC 2005

On 13:18 Jan 7, 2005 "adel.essafi at laposte.net" <adel.essafi at laposte.net>
wrote:

> hi list
> I am printing from a fc3 client to a shared printer on win xp :(.
> I want to make all document to be printed at 18h00 (for example).
> What do u suggest to do please?
> thanks

I am not sure I understand. Do you want to prepare documents on FC3 so that
they will be ready to print and will print automatically at 18:00?

If that is what you want, just print to PostScript files and put the files
in a directory. You can print the files using a script like this:

#!/bin/sh
for psfile in $(ls $HOME/postscript_dir)
do
  lpr $psfile
done

Run the script as a cron job:

0 18 0 0 1-5 $HOME/bin/print_postscript.sh

--Tony