cisco vs. dell switch on fedora

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 7 17:53:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Paul Stewart wrote:

> Use *real* switches..;)  Cisco all the way...
>
> I *believe* that Dell gets their switches from 3com but could be mistaken...
> if that's true it would explain more... we rip 3com's out of production all
> the time to replace with Cisco...:)

dell switches are made by accton. the 5324 is a decent if not terribly
sophisticated managed l2 switch... in terms of the orignal users
problem... I'd make sure you're running the latest firmware on the thing,
and turn spt off on all ports unless you really need it. If people are
habitually making loops in your network, cut off their hands...

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu