Identical systems

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jan 8 01:13:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 19:07, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     What's the easiest way to, after a system gets setup (FC3 installed
> fresh on the drive), "replicate" it across other machines with the same
> hardware?  Basically I want to end up with several machines with the
> same setup and programs.

I took a look at using partimage once for something like this.  Looked
like it would work fine as long as the systems are the same hardware and
use the same drive layout.

I believe there used to be a kickstart process as well to load systems
over the network using a file to select all options.  Not sure if that
is still available or not.

The particular method really depends on the scale of things you are
trying to replicate.  Someone on the list last summer was doing dozens
if not hundreds of systems and had was working out how to do this on a
very large scale very quickly.  You might do some searches in the
archives for that thread.

If you are just trying to do a few systems I think partimage may be a
good choice.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Future looks spotty.  You will spill soup in late evening.