Inadvertent 'back' with Synaptics touchpad

Andrew Jordan aj at dogzero.com
Sat Jan 8 12:19:11 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm sure this will have been covered before, but I just can't find
anything - probably because I can't think of a restrictive enough set of
search criteria...

I'm running FC2 on a Tadpole Talin laptop which has a touchpad.  I'm using
the Synaptics driver for the touchpad and it works pretty well MOST of the
time.  But sometimes, when I'm using a web browser (Firefox 0.9.3) if I
move the cursor across the screen to the left using the touchpad, it will
have the effect of hitting the 'go back one page' arrow from the
navigation toolbar (or pressing [ALT] + [Left Arrow] if you prefer.)  This
only happens sometimes and I guess must be fixable using synclient, but I
really can't see what setting(s) could be causing this beahviour.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew.