how to configure NetworkManagerInfo

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:15:56 UTC 2005

from what i havbe read from other posts, networkmanger doesn't use the
configuration files from etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/your device .
if that is the case, how or where can I configure the correct
configuration files for network manger to i can use it?  as of now, if
i start the network manager to run level 5 and type in the terminal,
NetworkManagerInfo on my toolbar, i get a icon that looks like a sonar
waving around.  Not to mention, i get booted off my connection when i
start the process.  when i click it, i get a message that the device
is not configured and gives me a error, and locks up my notebook.  I
read the bugs reports and there is no solution for this from what i
read. So what is the solution to my situtation?
how i connect Now.....
As of now  i have to boot up not activating any devices, open a
terminal window, type in iwconfig eth1 essid XXXXXXXXXXXXX key
XXXXXXXXXXXXX   go and open the Network Device Control under System
Tools click the activate button switch back to the terminal hit enter
and in a few seconds, i'm connected.
--

Still Learning Linux
Still HaTE Microsoft