Identical systems

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Jan 8 20:42:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:07:17PM -0700, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>    What's the easiest way to, after a system gets setup (FC3 installed
> fresh on the drive), "replicate" it across other machines with the same
> hardware?  Basically I want to end up with several machines with the
> same setup and programs.

A number of folks have recommended kickstart. Make sure you add in the
kickstart a (yum|apt) command to auto-install all the updates,
preferably from your local repository
(http://www.charlescurley.com/yum.html). However, you then have
customization for you shop to do.

It might be easier to build one box, customize the heck out of it,
then back that up and "restore" to your target machines. See
http://www.charlescurley.com/Linux-Complete-Backup-and-Recovery-HOWTO.html. Or
use G4U.