installation problems

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Jan 8 21:58:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 16:52 -0500, Andrew Blechman wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 20:26, Andrew Blechman wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > > I am relatively new to Linux and decided that I would use my old computer
> I tried that, and I also tried the "nofb" option, and both had the same
> effect, no change.  I also tried "noprobe", pretty much everything I
> could find on the boot screen.

You didn't say much about the hardware.  Have you checked the minimum
requirements on http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/ ?

e.g.:
        Memory Requirements

        This section lists the memory required to install Fedora Core 3.

            *      Minimum for text-mode: 64MB
            *      Minimum for graphical: 192MB
            *      Recommended for graphical: 256MB

Phil