Touchpad Problem

Oliver Mentz oliver.mentz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 23:04:35 UTC 2005

Hi

I have been running a clarkconnect server for a couple months now and
thought that i would install fedora on a new laptop I have bought for
developing. I have been trying to set this up and can get fedora
installed however the touch pad will only work if a usb mouse is also
plugged in while the machine is booting. I have made sure that the
synaptic driver is installed and also tried it as a generic ps2 mouse.
The touch pad works on the windows xp pro os that i am dual booting
with. My laptop is an fujitsu-siemens amilo pro 7010. I'm hoping to
stick with fedora as a distrobution because that is what my other
linux system runs on. does anyone have any suggestions on fixing my
problem? if you need me to put any config data on the web let me know
and i'll host it at http://31770.pointclark.net

Thank you for your time,

Oliver Mentz