Fwd: urgent pc wont load

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:18:58 UTC 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jim lawrence <fedorajim at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 12:17:26 -0500
Subject: Re: urgent pc wont load
To: Bogdan Rotariu <bogdan at alterox.ro>

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 19:09:46 +0200, Bogdan Rotariu <bogdan at alterox.ro> wrote:
> www.fedorafaq.com
> "Q: I have an nVidia graphics card, and my computer freezes when it's booting!
> A: This is a problem with the "Red Hat Graphical Boot" (RHGB) screen and the
>  nVidia drivers. To get your computer to boot, you can temporarily disable RHGB:
> When you first start your computer, the GRUB screen (where you choose your
> Operating System) appears. Select the Fedora that you want to boot into, but press
> the a key instead of pressing Enter.
> You will see a line somewhat like the following:
> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.6-1.435 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
>
> Remove the word "rhgb" from that line, and then press Enter."

update!!!!
in grub.conf   there is this  notice

Notice: you do not have a /boot partition this means that all kernel &
initrd paths are relative to /  root hd0,5
kernel  /boot/vmlimz   version ro root=/dev/hda6
initrd /boot/initrd-version.img

i did create a boot partition
i got to this file    by doing this

chroot /mnt/sysimage