Lightweight volume control for XFCE?

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 10 08:28:57 UTC 2005

Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> John Wendel wrote:
>

>>I'm currently using XFCE 4.2RC3 on FC3. It's working perfectly for me.
>>I'd like to suggest that everyone interested in XFCE give it a try and
>>report any bugs.
>

> I'm using version 4.0.6.  Is there any way to update easily via yum?  recent
> versions of xfce are not in livna or fedora.us.
>
> Thanks.

I suspect someone will build some rpms as soon as the final release is
out. It's still a beta test version. I got RC3 from http://xfce.org. You
can download 3 installer programs that build everything from sources and
install it in /usr/local or your home directory so it won't break
anything you currently have installed. Totally painless.

Regards,

John