Problems configuring cyrus-imapd

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jan 10 17:46:20 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 10.01.2005 schrieb Pete um 18:38:

> I seem to be having trouble configuring cyrus-imapd and sendmail. I have
> followed the directions in bsodmikes Guide to sendmail and cyrus, but
> I'm having isses sending mail.  I get log messages when sending mail
> concerning sendmail inability to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2.  I also
> get messages that state sql_select option missing and auxpropfunc 'error
> no mechanism available'.  I have checked sendmail.mc several times and

Both are just cosmetic warnings.

a) Create /etc/sasldb2 by using saslpasswd2 and adding a user, then
remove the entry again. You then have an empty sasldb2 and no more log
entries about it missing.

b) Remove the cyrus-sasl-sql RPM.

> all the other files as well.  But I still seem to be missing something,
> any clues?  I have also noticed one difference in the bsodmikes guide
> and my results when running the command line sendmail test.  After the
> AUTH GSSAPI line he shows a STARTTLS line, which I am missing.

Please show real maillog entries. You didn't say clearly but I guess no
mail is coming into your Cyrus-IMAPd mailbox?

For having STARTTLS support in Sendmail you need to create a
certificate.

> Pete

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:43:04 up 18 days, 20:27, load average: 0.38, 0.41, 0.36