IS FC3 stable?

Pete pete at surfusa.net
Mon Jan 10 21:12:24 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Mo, den 10.01.2005 schrieb Rebel um 21:51:
>

>>Can anyone tell me if Fedora Core 3 stable enough
>>already? I am thinking to install FC 2 on my laptop
>>--I thought to check about FC3.
>>

>>Rebel
>>

>FC3 is stable since release date 8th November 2004.
>
>Please do not hijack foreign threads! So do not reply to other list
>mails while you want to start a new topic. Use your mail client's
>address book if you can't remember the list mail address.
>
>Alexander

I've noticed a couple things about FC3 that aren't Stable or quite
working.
    1. several of the server settings frontends aren't working very
well, ie. the httpd and named front-ends.
    2. if you're looking to use the system as a mailer _Server_, you'll
have some fun configuring sendmail and cyrus.  In fact a front-end to
cyrus / sendmail / saslauth would be wonderful.
   3. multiple LUN or master/slave on sbp2 drives is still broken.

Pete