Adobe releases Acrobat 7 with Linux reader support

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:03:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:33:36 -0700, Charles Curley
<charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> Adobe releases Acrobat 7 with Linux reader support
> Published: January 5, 2005, 5:52 PM PST
> [snip]
> You can get a beta of the new Linux reader at the usual place:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

They've closed this beta release program, by the way. I hope v. 7
looks better than v. 5 did.

The only thing that's really missing from kpdf, ggv and gpdf that I
would use is a text selection tool. xpdf can do this, but its X-like
behavior seems funny to users switching from Windows--and xpdf just
looks ugly.

Is there any way, in ggv or gpdf, to select text in a PDF for copying?
I couldn't find a way. Or is there some other pdf-viewing app that can
do it? If there isn't a way, then I guess the Adobe version has a
reason to exist and I'll want to get it and install it for our users.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks,
Matt