2.6.10 Kernels not working on Sharp MM20

Frank FIR at Frank.net
Wed Jan 12 12:37:40 UTC 2005

FC3 has been running well on my Sharp  MM20 *until* the last two kernel
updates.  With 724 the system would boot fine and run for perhaps an
hour before locking up tight.  Screen remained in place but frozen and
machine was not pingable.  I retreated to 681 and everything was fine again.

This morning I tried 737 and it locked with screen corruption (top 1/2
inch of display became noise) during bootup.

The laptop runs fine with all other FC3 updates and a 681 kernel.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions for moving past this?

Frank.