Setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Mark Gillespie marknh39 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 01:36:39 UTC 2005

Well I got the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to show up.  Now I am trying to get
Glib to build so I can install GTK+, but it keeps reporting Glib is not
installed correctly.  Any ideas?

From: Richard E Miles <r.godzilla at comcast.net>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: Setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:06:03 -0800

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:32:14 -0500 (EST)
Mark Gillespie wrote:

 > Hello,
 > I am try to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH evironment variable so it will be set
from the command line,  I tried to modify the .bash_config file, but it does
not appear to be working.  Is there something that I am missing?  I am
running Fedora Core 3.  What I am trying to do is install some new libraries
which are installed to a different directory, and pkg-config needs to be
able to find these libraries.

Do the following depending upon where your pkgconfig in located. Usually in
/usr/lib/pkgconfig or /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.
ie: export PKG_CONFIG_PATH /usr/lib/pkgconfig

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA. USA