Dual boot Fedora Core with another copy of Fedora Core

Shashank Bhide bhides at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:56:13 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I installed a copy of Fedora core 3 on my laptop- Sony pcg-grv550
without any problems. I was wondering, could I install another copy of
Fedora on the same laptop?
   I have vacant partition of the hard-drive, aroud 12GB. I would have
to force the /boot to be primary when I use Diskdruid right? and then
have to create the other filesystems as extended (/, swap etc).
   When I install the second copy, should I install the boot loader on
the MBR or on the first sector of the /boot hard-drive (/dev/hda3)?

The df -h output looks like this
/dev/hda2             9.7G  4.6G  5.0G  48% /
/dev/hda1              99M  8.2M   86M   9% /boot
none                  252M     0  252M   0% /dev/shm

So would a dual boot system with 2 copies of Fedora Core work?

Thanks,
Shashank