FC3 - i'm disapointed

Nicholas Comino celloworld at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 23:15:56 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erich Noll" <enoll1 at earthlink.net>
To: <td at transoft.demon.co.uk>; "For users of Fedora Core releases"
<fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: FC3 - i'm disapointed

> Here's a dumb question from someone who never knows when
> to leave well-enough alone:  Someone, I suppose Kevin Fries, said
> top posting is really annoying but now that I know what top posting is:
>
> why it is truly annoying?
>
> --

I'm a relative newbie to the list, and can imagine the obvious arguments
both sides use. If you come in on a conversation late, you want to read
every post in order. I'm guilty of systematically top posting because it's
what I preferred and presumed the list didn't have a convention on that. Is
there a policy with snipping conversations?? (eg. the above) I just dislike
sending/scrolling through large amounts of commented text that is largely
irrelevant or I've already read. Anyway, it might be an idea to include any
conventions like that into the message footer or intro (welcome) message so
noobs like me don't start a flame war. :)

It's not like the convention either way is important, but if it's
accepted/expected at least let the noobs know!

~Nick