display problems with rhgb and kernel-2.6.10-1.8_FC2

Rich Ibbotson richibb at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 14 03:39:45 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm seeing display problems during the graphical boot process with
kernel 2.6.10-1.8 (I'm running Fedora Core 2).  The problem is that the
active display is shifted down about 2 cm (top 2cm is scrambled pixels)
only during the graphical boot.  Once the system finishes booting into
runlevel 5, the display is fine - no scrambled area, and the entire
display is used.  This problem appears only using this kernel; the
display looks correct during graphical boot of kernel 2.6.9-1.11_FC2 and
kernel-2.6.8-1.521.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior?

This is on a Gateway 200 laptop, the video card is reported as Intel
82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device.

thanks for any advice,
Rich