linux weather ticker?

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Fri Jan 14 14:16:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 02:10 -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> Globe Trotter wrote:
>
> >Thanks! I did find that and it works. Though a bit disappointing that it does
> >not allow me to display windchill (as opposed to the what I consider useless
> >dewpoint).
> >

> If you are using KDE, KWeather applet does display the wind chill. There
> should also be a way to make LiquidWeather display it, but I don't know how.

..And if you're using GNOME, there's the Weather Report applet that's
part of the panel. It uses Weather Channel data based on most (all??) of
their reporting stations. For temperatures, it includes a "Feels Like"
measurement, which I think is a combination of wind chill and heat
index. As a private pilot, this doesn't replace a complete weather
briefing for me by any stretch, but since the reporting stations include
most of the airports I routinely fly to and from and it has 2-click
access to a local radar map, it's a nice "quick look" applet.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a