Sound Problem After Upgrade

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 00:53:32 UTC 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:58:17 -0500 (EST)

Norman Nunn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I upgraded hal and kernel with new releases and then noticed
> today that my sound does not work.  Applies to games, music files and
> CD's.  The players appear to be working but nothing comes from the
> speaker.  I checked the settings in the volume control window.  Sound
> works ok in my other OS (dual boot) so it should not be a loose
> connection or broken hardware.   I checked it with both KDE and Gnome,
> there is no difference.  Is any one else experiencing the same kind of
> issue after the upgrades??
>
> Norm

If you have a
Ensoniq sound card I have a fix that worked for me. Let me know if you do. It
envoles alsa and involves two files. /etc/asound.conf and /etc/esd.conf. I
will not include it here now as it's relatively large.

---
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA. USA
registered linux user 46097