cyrus-imapd howto - SOLVED! + fetchmail question

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jan 17 00:29:53 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 17.01.2005 schrieb Gene Smith um 1:03:

> > Ok, everything up to this point is working as described in this
> > excellent HOWTO. My problem comes in when I try to do a fetchmail from
> > my ISP and place the received email directly into the imap mailbox using
> > the lmtp unix socket. Here is my ~/.fetchmail:
> >
> > poll pop.chartertn.net proto pop3 user
> >         "gds at chartertn.net" password "xxxxxxxxxxxx",
> >         is "gene" here
> >     smtphost "/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp"
>
> Leaving out the last line above (smtphost ...) fixes the problem and
> mail now appears in imap inbox folder.

That means your local MTA is used. Which is btw. the default and best
solution. Although calling the LMTP socket directly should work too - so
it does here.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.9_FC2smp
Serendipity 01:28:12 up 2 days, 8:50, load average: 0.09, 0.40, 0.60