xine as Firefox Plugin

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon Jan 17 04:42:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 18:17 -0500, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> I've noticed that xine when run from firefox displays a window border
> around the GUI, but it does not do this when run from a shell prompt.
>
> The borders did not appear when xine was originally installed, and I
> cannot determine when they started.
>
> This is a x86_64 distribution of FC3.  xine is from freshrpms.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why and how to make the borders disappear?
>
> Bob...
>
> --
> Bob Chiodini <rchiodin at bellsouth.net>

Hi Bob,
I am beginning to wonder if the freshrpms latest build for xine is
stable.
It's doing funny things to me as well. For instance on my laptop if I
press <g> to remove the controls it hangs. And on my PC in the Playlist
if I click on clear all then xine crashes.

I am going to wait for the next version to see if it is better,
Otherwise I will compile it from scratch.

cheers