Help Starting Wireless Internet

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:27:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:17:45 -0800 (PST), Rebel <rebel_student at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I installed Fedora Core 2 on my laptop. I have a
> Xircom Wireless Internet Card (PCMCIA). I cannt start
> internet with it. If I do
>
> iwconfig eth0 essid linksys
>
> it says:
>
> Error for wireless request. Set essid
> SET failed on deveice eth0: No such device.

Go to system tools hardware browser.   In the left window it lists
different types of devices.  Click the Networking optoin, and in the
right top window, it will list the networking devices you have on your
system that FEDORA can recognize.  If you only see 1 it is probably
your wired connection.  If it is showing 2 , then you don't have your
system set-up for your card.
    Reply with what types of network devices you have.

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle.
It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.