Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 17 15:45:56 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 05:26, Robert Spangler wrote:

>On Monday 17 January 2005 13:55, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>  I wanted to re-organise my partitions
>>  while keeping hda1 which has Windows-XP on it.
>>  I couldn't see any way to do this with Disk Druid,
>>  so I had to start Knoppix, and run fdisk under that.
>
>I don't see a problem with this.  When Disk Druid reads the disk it
> shows what it sees.  All you have to do is click on the partition
> you want and label it and not click to format it.  Works here
> without a problem.  In fact it will give you the name it was called
> before also.

Except for DD's insistance on re-arranging partitions.  I've had
enough headaches and screwed up installs that DD will never touch
another disk of mine, ever.

Now the thing is to get the attention of the redhat/fedora packagers,
who uniformly think DD is a gift from God or something.  It isn't
from God IMNSHO, but maybe from the other side as a test for the
patience of the user?  Well, its tried me a couple of times, and
found me wanting.  Wanting to setup the disk the way I want it setup
that is.

To the redhat/fedora packagers: Please, please, please give us back
fdisk, its not broken like DD, and it doesn't decide to format
your /home or /root partitions and use them for / in the next
incarnation.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)