Network Manager Strikes Again!!!!

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 19:04:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 12:26, William Hooper wrote:
> Scot L. Harris said:
> >

> > Why does NetworkManagere need to run a caching nameserver on the system
> > it runs on?  I would really like to understand this.
>
> I would suggest reading the changelog and the thread about it on Fedora-test.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2005-January/msg00400.html

Thanks for the pointer to the test list.  I normally don't follow that
list.

So due to a problem with nscd the work around is to setup a caching name
server.

Has a bug report been filed against nscd?  Are there plans to fix it?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire of every organism
to live beyond its income.
		-- Samuel Butler, "Notebooks"