Just need a little help to get on to Internet with Wireless PCMCIA card in FC2

Rebel rebel_student at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 20:00:25 UTC 2005

Hi,
I installed FC 2 and had lot of problem with PCMCIA
card.
I finally managed to start my PCMCIA card (Xircom)
(using /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia restart ) but
I still cannot log on to internet. If i ping
www.yahoo.com

I am not on the network however I can see the ssid of
the network I tried to put using
ifconfig eth0 essid linksys

and iwconfig shows me the details for this ssid as

eth0 < ...>

wifi0 <...>

Am I missing something to get on to internet? I do see
that this laptop is in the clients in my router table
entries but I cannot ping it either from another
machin e. Its not responding!!

Please help!
Thanks
Rebel