PCMCIA NIC not functioning properly in Fedora C2

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Mon Jan 17 20:14:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 12:17 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> I don't know if FC3 fixed this or not, I doubt that it did.  Still
> running FC2 on the laptop so I have not tested it.

Well, with FC3 I can tell my pcmcia wireless nic to _start_ at boot and
it works.  I even just rebooted to make certain I wasn't dreaming :)

[BTW, does service network restart have the same effect as reboot WRT to
'boot at start option'? seems to but not certain]

Now, WRT multiple pcmcia devices/nics I can't say how or if behavior has
changed with FC3 as I only use the one card.

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>

> Children are like cats, they can tell when you don't like them.  That's
> when they come over and violate your body space.

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.