Dual Monitor Problem / Bug with Fedora Core 3

Frank FIR at Frank.net
Mon Jan 17 23:41:03 UTC 2005

Analog Kid wrote:

> However, there is a BUG! When I minimize an application (say the
>mozilla browser) from the Laptop screen (i.e. my primary display)
>everything works fine! That is, the minimized window goes and sits on
>the  "task bar" (i.e. the GNOME panel). Now, I can click on the
>minimized window in the GNOME panel (i.e. "task bar") and it pops back
>right up for me to continue using the application (i.e. Mozilla in
>this case). HOWEVER, when I minimize an application window from the
>SECONDARY DISPLAY (i.e. my external monitor), the application window
>JUST DISAPPEARS (i.e. I can no longer find it sitting on the task bar
>as a minimized window). Hence, if I minimize any application from the
>secondary display, I LOSE the application. That is, if I minimize
>Mozilla while browsing the net in the secondary display (i.e. my
>external monitor), the window just disappears and I cannot find it
>anywhere!!!!

Create a new panel and drag it to your second display.  Right click the
new panel and add an applet to it - the Window List.  I'm not sure I
like having two separate window lists, but it does work.

Frank.