Adding USB mount points to FC2

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 23:42:22 UTC 2005

Robbie Jolley wrote:
> I need to add to USB mount points to my installation of FC2.  I think I
> do this by adding them into the /etc/fstab file, but I really am not
> sure how to.
>
> RJ

I believe tht you would add the /dev/usbdevice (usually /dev/sda1 for my
usb hard drive) and create a directory like /mnt/usbdevice to mount the
drive. I create the mountpoint and usually add the device to mount
within /etc/rc.d/rc.local file by issuing something like below.
mount /dev/usbdevice /mnt/usbdevice
as an example.
The rc.local file is pretty late in the boot process and other factors
should already have been initialized. I'm not too sure if usb
funtionality is loaded before the drives are mounted from /etc/fstab or not.

Jim

--
"THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we
  get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really

	- Linus Torvalds"