Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jan 18 04:27:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:53:33PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >Why are you telling it to do that?
> Thats exactly my point, when I last looked at the display it was setup
> the way I wanted it, but when it came time to do the install, it
> bombed because the usr was full in about 20 packages.  Thats when I
> found, for the second time that it has a mind of its own.  I found a

I've never, ever seen it do this. However, I don't doubt that something
could go wrong; did you file a bugzilla request?

Also, when you created the partitions, did you check the appropriate
restrictions (size, primary-only, which disks you wanted)? If not, why not?

> Until it does EXACTLY what the user wants it to, to any number of
> disks available on a system, (thats its first achilles heel, it can
> only deal with one hard drive, not enough smarts to handle 2 or more)

That's not true. It works fine with multiple hard drives. I do it all of the
time.